Thank you for your interest in the MURCA Semper Fi Project.
MURCA is on a mission to raise money and awareness for the Semper Fi Fund leading up to 10 November 2018 (the 243rd Marine Corps Birthday). MURCAns are using their passion for running to help support their brothers and sisters-in-arms through the Semper Fi Fund. The Semper Fi Fund provides immediate financial assistance and lifetime support to post-9/11 combat wounded, critically ill and catastrophically injured members of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. We deliver the resources they need during recovery and transition back to their communities, working to ensure no one is left behind. Visit the Semper Fi Fund to learn more.
The MURCA Semper Fi Project consists of numerous fundraising efforts by MURCAns located worldwide, including: running events, pledges and contributions for races, crowdfunding, auctions, t-shirt boosters, raffles, and other creative ways to raise money and awareness.
Fundraiser #1 (Feb-May 2018)
Fundraiser #2 (September 15th, 2018)
How to get involved!
- The above link can and should be shared with your friends, family, coworkers, fellow runners, and local communities, what a great opportunity for them to support the troops!
- If you are a MURCA member, please consider joining our Semper Fi Fund Team, this is where the rubber meets the road in terms of fundraising and running for a higher cause.
Organize your own fundraiser with the MURCA Semper Fi Project
- Join the MURCA Semper Fi Fund Team.
- Organize a fundraiser in your local area. Examples of fundraising events include:
- Race: Formats include “fat ass 50k”, virtual race, timed track event, or a shorter distance race.
- Crowdfunding: Standard fundraising, getting the word out about what we are doing, why we are doing it, and why people should consider donating or helping to spread the word about our cause.
- T-shirt Booster: Create a unique, custom shirt and donate the proceeds to the Semper Fi Fund. CustomInk has a booster function that is user-friendly, tried, and true.
- Donate directly to the Semper Fi Fund. Even a little bit helps.
- Ask race directors to include a MURCA Semper Fi Project in Race packets for runners.
- Volunteer to help plan an event that another group member is organizing. These will be announced on the MURCA FB page.
Visit Semper Fi Fund to learn how this organization directly supports combat-wounded and critically ill military service members…for life.