MURCA recently wrapped up the MURCA V50K, a virtual race benefitting The Warrior’s Keep! Click below to read more about this event!
MURCA wrapped up 2018 fundraising with nearly $15,000 raised for the Semper Fi Fund. Next year we will shift our focus to a few smaller organizations who are closely aligned with MURCA’s mission and ethos.
Fundraiser #1 (Feb-May 2018)
Fundraiser #2 (June – November 2018)
How to get involved!
- The above link can and should be shared with your friends, family, coworkers, fellow runners, and local communities, what a great opportunity for them to support the troops!
- If you are a MURCA member, please consider joining our Semper Fi Fund Team, this is where the rubber meets the road in terms of fundraising and running for a higher cause.
Organize your own fundraiser with the MURCA Semper Fi Project
- Join the MURCA Semper Fi Fund Team.
- Organize a fundraiser in your local area. Examples of fundraising events include:
- Race: Formats include “fat ass 50k”, virtual race, timed track event, or a shorter distance race.
- Crowdfunding: Standard fundraising, getting the word out about what we are doing, why we are doing it, and why people should consider donating or helping to spread the word about our cause.
- T-shirt Booster: Create a unique, custom shirt and donate the proceeds to the Semper Fi Fund. CustomInk has a booster function that is user-friendly, tried, and true.
- Donate directly to the Semper Fi Fund. Even a little bit helps.
- Ask race directors to include a MURCA Semper Fi Project in Race packets for runners.
- Volunteer to help plan an event that another group member is organizing. These will be announced on the MURCA FB page.
Visit Semper Fi Fund to learn how this organization directly supports combat-wounded and critically ill military service members…for life.